I think we can all agree that beach days are the best days. …. But most of us can’t spend every day at the beach. What do you do when you miss the sound of the waves and know that the only way to smile again is to look at your favorite beach?
My solution: Quotes from the Beach.
I’ve put together some of my favorite beach quotes to brighten your day and make you smile. If you are in the mood for something short, funny, inspirational or motivational, you will find at least a few appropriate beach quotes in this list.
No matter which beach category you choose, you’ll find one that reminds you of your favorite toes-in-the-sand vacation.
See that quote picture you like? Hover over the image to pin it to your Pinterest board.
Quotes with a nice beach to laugh at
How happy I would be if I could spend every day at the beach. On days when I’m inside, I look for these fun beach quotes to brighten my mood, remind me of my favorite beach days, and make me laugh (or two).
1. I’m pretending I’m on the beach now. – Unknown
2. All you need is a little sea vitamin. – Unknown
3. I’m going to change the world, but today I’m just a mermaid. – Unknown
4. I’ll be at the beach having my morning coffee. – Unknown
5. Everyone has to believe in something. I think I need to go to the beach. – Unknown
6. Eat. The beach. Sleeping. I repeat. – Unknown
7. I followed my heart and it led me to the beach. – Unknown
8. If you need me, call me at my number. – Unknown
9. Bucheology. Go ashore. Don’t be such a creep. Let the worries fade away. The pressure in the pier is blocked. Absorb the positive energy. Moments from the life of the sea. – Unknown
10. Go where the Wi-Fi is weak and the rum is strong. – Unknown
Short quotation about the beach
Sometimes you just need a substitute, right? These short beach quotes are perfect summer captions for Instagram posts. They are also perfect for reminding you of your favorite summer beach days!
12. Life is simple. Just add water. – Unknown
13. White sand, white foam, blue water – this is not fantasy, this is reality. – Marty Rubin
14. Nothing is softer or more supple than water, but nothing can resist it. – Lao TSU
15. The land was created to accommodate boats. – Brooks Atkinson.
16. There must be something strangely sacred about salt. He is in our tears and in the sea. – Khalil Gibran
17. I have sea foam in my veins, I understand the language of the waves. – The will of the orphan
18. If there’s a paradise for me, I’m sure there’s a beach. – Jimmy Buffett
19. Life leads you down many roads, but my favorites lead to the beach. – Unknown
20. I love anything to do with the beach. The beach and warm weather are all I need. – Rob Gronkowski
21. Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container. – Wallace Stevens.
Jobs posted on Instagram
Whether you’re vacationing in Daytona or the Bahamas, here are a few more short beach quotes that would make perfect Instagram captions for your vacation posts.
22. The sun shines everywhere, not just on the beach. – Roderick Brand
23. The sea is a desert of waves, a desert of water. – Langston Hughes, Selected Poems.
24. Getting away and sitting quietly on the beach is my idea of heaven. – Amelia Wickstead.
25. The sea! The sea! The high seas! Blue, fresh, forever free! – Brian W. Procter.
26. The cure for everything is salt water – sweat, tears or the sea. – Isak Dinesen
27. Her happiness swam like ocean waves along the shore of her life. – Santos Calvar.
28. His heart is like the ocean, mysterious and dark. – Bob Dylan.
29. The waves of the sea help me to come to myself again. – Jill Davis.
30. I am the coast and the ocean waiting for me on both sides. – Dejan Stojanovic, Forma
31. After visiting the beach, it’s hard to believe we live in a material world. – Pam Shaw.
32. Eternity begins and ends with the tides of the ocean. – Unknown
33. The sand builds my soul, filled with the breath of the ocean. – A.D. Posey.
34. Our memories of the ocean will remain long after our footprints are gone in the sand. – Unknown
Beach Life Quotes
That’s funny. Over the years, many prolific authors have written about the similarities between the beach and life. There’s something incredibly thoughtful about sitting by the shore and watching the waves roll down the beach, isn’t there? These beach quotes will remind you of those quiet moments.
35. I could never stay on the coast long enough; the taste of the clean, fresh, free sea air was like a cool, calm thought. – Helen Keller.
36. The three great elemental sounds of nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in the jungle, and the sound of the ocean outside on the beach. – Henry Beston
37. Walking on an empty beach as the sun sets is truly embracing your loneliness. – Jeanne Moreau
38. Time is a wave on the coast. It takes some things away, but brings others. – Amy Neftzger, The War of Words.
39. For what we lose (like you or me), we are always at sea. – For example, Semen, 100 selected poems.
40. The sun rises and sets every day and they are completely free. Don’t miss so much. – Joe Walton.
41. Many calm rivers start out as impetuous waterfalls, but nothing stands in their way and they foam towards the sea. – Mikhail Lermontov
42. The beach mainly teaches you the art of skinning; how to handle a baby, not how much. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
43. Life on the beach has changed. Time does not pass from hour to hour, but from mood to mood. We live with the flow, plan with the tides and follow the sun. – Sandy Gingras
Inspirational Beach Quotes
Whether I need a reminder of my love for the beach or a pick-me-up to get over the blues, these inspirational beach quotes motivate me when I’m feeling down.
44. You never know what’s going to happen. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can do is hope that when it’s there, you can surf it instead of drowning in its awesomeness. – Alisha Spear
45. My dream is to have a house on the beach, even a cabin somewhere, so I can wake up, have a cup of coffee, watch the dolphins, relax and get some fresh air. – Christina Applegate.
51. Because there is nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shore, no matter how many times it is sent. – Sarah Kaye.
Nautical quotes that make you think of the ocean
There’s nothing like looking out over a vast seascape, is there? These quotes about the sea remind me of the beauty of the ocean and the peace I feel when observing it from the shore.
52. When the fearful, troubling, and evil thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them with its great and wide sounds, cleanses me with its roar, and gives rhythm to all that is confused and tangled in me. – Rainer Maria Rilke
53. The sea is still as it was before people sailed on it. – Ernest Hemingway
54. The beach consists not only of sand, but also sea creature shells, sea glass, seaweed and ridiculous objects washed up by the sea. – Henry Grunwald.
55. Once the sea has you under its spell, it will keep you in its web of wonder forever. – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
56. The sea is the epitome of emotion. He loves, hates and cries. It defies all attempts to capture it in words and rejects all limitations. No matter what you say, there’s always something you can’t do. – Christopher Paolini, Eragon.
57. He who lives by the sea can hardly contain a single thought in which the sea does not appear. – Herman Broch
58. For me the sea is a constant miracle; the swimming fish – the rocks – the movement of the waves – the boats, with people in them, what wonders are strange? – Walt Whitman.
59. Living in the sun, swimming in the sea, drinking the wild air. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Did we miss your favorite quote?
Whether I’m looking for a quick Instagram caption or extra motivation, these beach quotes are among my favorites. They always make me smile when I think back to the feeling of my toes in the sand and watching the waves.
Did I miss your favorite beach quote? Drop me a line about it in the comments below.
beach quotes with friendsbeach walk quotesfunny beach quotessunny beach quotesseas the day quotesbeach landscape quotes,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,beach quotes with friends,beach walk quotes,funny beach quotes,sunny beach quotes,seas the day quotes,beach landscape quotes,baby first time at the beach quotes,sea adventure quotes