Have you been looking for a way to earn more miles and get access to more benefits on your favorite airline? If so, this opportunity may fit the bill. Bamboo Airways is currently offering a status match to its top Elite tier, without requiring the member to purchase any flights. Members of partner frequent flyer programs can qualify for the status match and earn points toward Bamboo Airways’ own frequent flyer program.
Achieve higher level elite status, no flight required
Gary Leff 29. April 2021
Bamboo Airways, a Vietnamese airline that first flew two years ago, is based in Hanoi and offers flights to Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, as well as domestic flights with a fleet of narrow-body Airbuses, Boeing 787 and large Embraer regional jets.
The airline is planning an IPO in the United States and flights to San Francisco this fall. They have several European destinations planned (postponed due to the pandemic) and have just been granted access to London Heathrow Airport.
It now offers Bamboo Airways status, which is equivalent to elite status with any airline in any global alliance program, up to and including the highest level, and no flight is required to achieve this status. Status matches are an excellent way to attract profitable customers for an airline. (HT: Executive Traveller)
Bamboo Airways Boeing 787 Business Class Cabin
According to the airline’s announcement, here’s what you need to do to become Bamboo Airways,
- Join the program
- Turn in for 30. By June 2021, you must submit an application form and attach a scan or photo of your current elite membership card or a screen shot of your account and a photo of your ID or passport.
- Processing may take 7-10 business days and if you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
You don’t have to fly to get elite status. And they correspond to the levels as follows:
- Gold for Star Alliance Silver, Oneworld Ruby or SkyTeam Elite passengers and offers business class check-in, priority seat selection, baggage and boarding privileges, 5kg of additional checked baggage.
- Diamond to oneworld Sapphire level plus Business Class lounge access; 10kg extra checked baggage; operational upgrade
- First to Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Emerald, SkyTeam Elite Plus and also offers priority security and customs clearance, lounge privileges and 20kg of free extra checked baggage.
bamboo airways business class seat boeing 787
By not charging for flights and offering a direct status match instead of a challenge, Bamboo Airways is capitalizing on the fact that small airlines benefit more from status matches than challenges. Newer programs or those that do not yet have extensive partnerships and salons may not offer as much and have no built-in costs for the products they offer (e.g., a salon network). Customers prefer live games, but these can be expensive if customers only use them to access the lounge.
Lake View from the Wing
Leave a comment