Acclaimed travel review magazine “Wine Spectator” recently named Celebrity Cruises as its top-rated line for 2012. Only two lines received a top rating in the magazine’s 12th annual Wine Awards, and Celebrity was the only cruise line to receive a score of 100 percent. Celebrity’s score was especially impressive considering the fact that the company’s fleet is just three years old.
Celebrity Cruises has won 12 awards at the prestigious Wine Spectator magazine, the premium wine publication in North America. The awards span the categories of Best Wine List, Best Wine Class, Best Wine Program, Best Wine Blog (scguides.com), and Best Deal, and will be shared with the team.
Celebrity Cruises is the first line of defense in the cruise line wars. As such, it has to maintain a reputation for delivering pleasure at a reasonable price. As a result, the Celebrity Cruise Line looks to Wine Spectator to aid in this mission. The celebrity of Wine Spectator is its founder Robert Stratta.
Celebrity Cruises has received 12 additional Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards, adding to its remarkable list of accolades for its wine program.
Each year, Wine Spectator magazine honors restaurant wine lists that have a well-curated selection of high-quality winemakers, as well as a price and stylistic fit to the cuisine.
Celebrity Solstice is a celebration of the arrival of the summer solstic
Celebrity has been recognized for its onboard wine programs for nine years in a row, winning more awards from the world’s authority on wine than any other cruise line.
Celebrity received two “Best of Awards of Excellence” for its unique wine lists aboard the newest ships, Celebrity Edge and Apex, in addition to receiving 10 “Awards of Excellence” for the second year in a row, making it the only cruise line among a small group of establishments in the world to receive awards for the past nine years.
This year’s “Award of Excellence” went to all of the major dining halls aboard Millennium and Solstice class ships.
Celebrity Cruises’ vice president of food and beverage, Cornelius Gallagher, stated, “We’ve taken the greatest care to select a range of wines that not only compliments the culinary experience for our passengers, but is synergistic with the locations we visit.” “Being recognized by such a prominent organization is a testimony to the attention to detail we’ve put into ensuring our visitors have a unique wine experience.”
Apex of Celebrity (Photo courtesy of Celebrity Cruises)
READ MORE: Eden on Celebrity Edge: 15 Photos
The following restaurants have been named to the Celebrity Cruises Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards for 2021:
- Fine Cut (“Award of Excellence” since 2020) and Celebrity Apex – Cyprus (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2020).
- San Marco – Celebrity Constellation (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Moonlight Sonata by Celebrity Eclipse (Award of Excellence since 2013)
- Celebrity Edge – Normandie (since 2019: “Best of Award of Excellence”)
- Silhouette by Celebrity Equinox (Award of Excellence since 2013)
- Trellis by Celebrity Infinity (Award of Excellence since 2013)
- Celebrity Millennium – Metropolitan (since 2013: “Award of Excellence”)
- Opus (“Award of Excellence” since 2013) – Celebrity Reflection
- Celebrity Silhouette – Grand Cuvee (since 2013: “Award of Excellence”)
- Celebrity Solstice – Grand Epernay (since 2013: “Award of Excellence”)
- Cosmopolitan (“Award of Excellence”) Celebrity Summit
Celebrity has one of the biggest wine collections at sea, with over 500 choices from the world’s most popular wine areas. Every ship has a staff of sommeliers that assist guests in navigating the choices and providing a range of experiences that immerse them in wine knowledge and pleasure, such as:
- Globe Wine Tours – chances to taste wines from all around the world while learning about the regional and varietal differences.
- Workshops on Food and Wine Pairing – examples of opposing pairings to explain the basics of food and wine chemistry, as well as how food and wine interact.
- Winery visits and tastings are included on destination wine tours, which immerse you in gorgeous wine-producing regions throughout the globe.
READ NEXT: Alaska Welcomes Revenue Cruise for First Time in Nearly Two Years
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- wine spectator
- wine spectator logo
- wine spectator login
- wine enthusiast logo
- wine spectator cover