Southwest is celebrating 100 years of business with a slew of new benefits. They are rolling out five new credit cards and increasing the sign-up bonus for their Rapid Rewards card to 50,000 points if you spend $1,500 within 90 days.
The “40 000 points southwest value” is a perfect offer for people who are looking to fly with Southwest Airlines. This offer will give you 40,000 points that can be redeemed for travel on Southwest Airlines.
New Southwest Credit Card Benefits, as Well as a 100,000-Point Offer That Is Perfectly Timed
on October 19, 2021 by Gary Leff
I am compensated for the content and many links on my site. Citibank, American Express, Chase, Barclays, and Capital One are all advertising partners on this site. My advertising partners have not reviewed, authorized, or supported any of the views stated in this article. I don’t write about all credit cards; instead, I concentrate on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). The offers and perks mentioned on this website are subject to the terms.
The Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit cards are getting a few new features, and all of their consumer cards are getting new 100,000 point welcome bonuses, all without increasing annual fees.
- Credit Card for Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Earn up to 100,000 extra points by completing the following tasks: 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence, and another 50,000 bonus points for spending $12,000 in the first year. ($69 per year)
- a href=”http://vftw-links.com/premierwn”>a href=”http://vftw-links.com/premierwn”>a hre ” rel=”noopener noreferrer” target=” blank”> Credit Card with Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Earn up to 100,000 extra points by completing the following tasks: 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence, and another 50,000 bonus points for spending $12,000 in the first year. ($99 per year)
- Priority Credit Card for Southwest Rapid Rewards® Earn up to 100,000 extra points by completing the following tasks: 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence, and another 50,000 bonus points for spending $12,000 in the first year. ($149 per year)
To get the entire benefit, you just need to spend $1000 each month on the card. I’m considering getting the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card since I travel Southwest Airlines on a semi-regular basis (they’re the biggest airline at my home airport in Austin), and the card’s perks outweigh the cost. The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, which has the lowest annual fee, is likely to appeal to someone who is mainly interested in points.
This is the ideal time to take advantage of these offers for a companion pass.
The timing is ideal for these deals since registering for a new card now enables you to receive your first bonus in early 2022. You may get a big head start on a Companion Pass, which is valid for the remainder of the current calendar year as well as the next year.
In January 2020, I received a Companion Pass, which was good for the whole year of 2020 and 2021. I believe I was one of the first to get it that year. I had no idea I wouldn’t use it as often as I had planned (thank you, epidemic), but I’m eager to earn one again.
That’s because the Companion Pass enables you to fly with a second person, regardless of whether your ticket is purchased with cash or points. In order to get a pass that will last until the end of 2022, you must collect 125,000 qualifying points in 2021. In addition, introductory bonuses from Southwest credit cards, as well as points earned from spending on those cards, contribute toward a companion pass.
The Three Southwest Consumer Cards in Detail
Southwest has updated the features on each of its three Chase consumer credit cards, as well as the equivalent small business cards. Here’s all you need to know about the three consumer goods that are part of this huge up-front deal.
- Priority Credit Card for Southwest Rapid Rewards® This is the premium Southwest Airlines co-brand card that is truly intended for Southwest flyers – it improves Southwest travel and lets you achieve both A-List status and a Companion Pass® through spending. There’s no longer a limit on how many elite qualifying points you can earn via spending (you get 1500 points for every $10,000 you spend, calculated based on billing cycle end days).
3X points on Southwest® purchases; 2X points on local transportation and commuting, including ridesharing; and 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming are among the ongoing category bonus spends.
The card offers a $75 Southwest® travel credit each year, as well as 20% back on in-flight beverages, WiFi, texting, and movies; 4 premium boardings per year when available (purchase it and you’ll get a statement credit for the charge); and 7,500 anniversary points each year.
- Credit Card for Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Although this card has the lowest annual cost of the three, it nevertheless offers the same introductory bonus offer.
2X points on local transportation and commuting, including ridesharing; 2X points on internet, cable, phone, and certain streaming; 2X points on Southwest purchases.
Every year, you’ll get 3,000 anniversary points, which is a great incentive to retain the card. Each year, it also includes two EarlyBird Check-In credits.
- Credit Card with Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier The mid-tier card of the three has the same initial bonus offer as the other two, and it provides somewhat more value than the basic card, but it seems stuck in the middle. Each year, it also includes two EarlyBird Check-In credits.
3X points on Southwest purchases; 2X points on local transportation and commuting, including ridesharing; 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and certain streaming services.
Each year (after your cardmember anniversary), you receive 6,000 anniversary points, which is a great incentive to retain the card.
Southwest has created an infographic that highlights the new benefits of these cards:
Which Card Should You Get?
As I previously said, I prefer the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card since I’ll be using the card’s perks while traveling Southwest. Without even considering the other perks, the yearly travel credit alone makes the net cost to me comparable to the lowest annual fee card available.
If you just care about points and not the annual fee, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card is the best option.
What I appreciate about Southwest is that there are no change fees, and you can even book a speculative flight with your points. Even if you primarily buy foreign award flights, it’s still nice to have Southwest points on hand. To travel to the city where your international award ticket departs, you may need to take a domestic aircraft. Alternatively, buy the Southwest trip and if award availability for a domestic flight on your other ticket becomes available, fantastic, no change costs apply. Points from Southwest Airlines are excellent insurance. Other costs, like as checked luggage fees or change fees, are not charged.
More From the Wing’s Perspective
The “southwest credit card offers 80,000” is an offer that has been running for a while. This offer is perfect for people looking to get the most out of their points.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the highest bonus for Southwest credit card?
A: There is no bonus for Southwest credit card. This is due to the fact that it doesnt exist anymore.
What can I do with 100000 Southwest points?
A: You can get $100 in travel credit at Southwest.
How much is 100k Southwest points worth?
A: 100,000 Southwest points is worth around $8.75 USD on Delta Airlines at the time of this writing!
- southwest credit card offers 2021
- southwest credit card offers 2020
- when is the best time to get a southwest credit card
- is southwest credit card a good deal
- southwest credit card $100 000 points