The delivery market is very large and in high demand worldwide, but Amsterdam is the epicenter of food delivery. UberEATS is one of the largest companies in Amsterdam, based in the city since 2016 and growing every year.
UberEATS’ delivery prices vary depending on the time of day and day of the week: you can earn between 8 euros on Monday morning and 14 euros on Saturday evening. You must be online during this period and accept at least one delivery during this period. You will have to deduct 10% service charge from your total earnings.
Error: The file name is not specified. “alt=”” width=”850″ height=”566″ data-ezsrc=”http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/This-is-How-Much-Does-Uber-Eats-Pay-in-Amsterdam.jpg” data-ez=” />
With UberEATS you can earn a decent wage, as the minimum wage you will receive is equal to the minimum wage set by the Dutch government. There are more details and specific information about UberEATS in Amsterdam. If you want to know more about UberEATS and how to get a full-time or part-time job, read on.
UberEATS: useful information
UberEATS is a catering company that has been established in the Netherlands since 2016. Since then, it has been present in Amsterdam and has a wide range of restaurants of all types and categories.
UberEATS is owned by the same company as cabs, namely Uber. But instead of sending cabs, they send food to places. That’s also how this company works. Around the world they work with a selection of restaurants that send motorcycles and cabs, but in Amsterdam they use motorcycles!
Unlike other countries, the Netherlands is special for many reasons, including UberEATS. Here are some of the key factors to consider :
- Minimum wage: Unlike other countries, the Netherlands has a minimum wage not only for full-time workers, but also for people of all ages who work part-time. In the case of UberEATS, this is the same as the minimum wage and it increases by the hour.
- Bicycle: Like everything else in the Netherlands, the bicycle is the first choice. Unlike other countries, deliveries from UberEATS can and are usually made by bicycle.
- Environmentally friendly and inexpensive: it involves using the bicycle, which means not investing in something expensive like a car, not having to pay for gasoline, and not polluting the environment.
- Easy Registration: Anyone 18 and older can register online. Follow this link or just use the application on your phone. It also means that just by being online you can earn money and
- No Dutch: both English and Dutch are allowed in this work, not only because you don’t have to say much to anyone, but also because the application is available in both languages.
- Tip: You are not obligated to give advice in the Netherlands, but it is a habit of some people and it is socially acceptable to do it if you have been prompt, polite, etc. If you want to know more, I have a whole article on it here.
- Full-time or part-time: with UberEATS, you have no obligations, you just have to be available when you want, you pay the company’s fees when you want, and you decide whether you want to do it full-time, every day, or on your own time.
If you are looking for a job, have good cycling skills and know how to get around in Amsterdam, this could be a good part-time job or your first job in the Netherlands. Read the important points now.
How much do I earn?
Each delivery driver’s salary depends on the number of hours they work. On the UberEATS website, you will find a table with all the prices of each hourly wage. Check it out here.
Error: The file name is not specified. ” alt=”” width=”850″ height=”567″ data-ezsrc=”http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/1612210046_292_This-is-How-Much-Does-Uber-Eats-Pay-in-Amsterdam.jpg” data-ez=”” />
Anyway, here’s a chart to help you figure out how much you can earn and an explanation:
|The speed you will gain||As|
|8-9 Euro||Monday to Friday until noon.|
|10 euros||Every day from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday mornings.|
|11 or more||Cost of dinner, from 6 to 8 p.m. every day, especially on weekends.|
|14 or more||Friday and Sunday evening dinner|
|No work.||Every day from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., additional mornings until 11 p.m. and 11 a.m.|
- This income is guaranteed. This means that if you are on the demand side during this period, regardless of the number of deliveries or if there is only one (at least one), you will be paid this minimum. However, you will be paid more if there is more demand and you make more deliveries.
- The actual wage: that depends not only on the minimum rate, but also on the number of deliveries you make. The minimum rate is the rate you get when you are online, the rate is the rate you get based on the number of deliveries you make. That is, what you earn on each paycheck (depending on the restaurant and distance, etc. ). You calculate the actual rate based on your deliveries.
- Example: If you work 10 to 11 hours on a weekday, you will earn 40 euros per week. If you work 4 hours a day on a Friday or Saturday, you will earn at least 40 euros a day or more.
- Service Fee: You have to pay UberEATS 10% of your total sales within a few hours. If 8 euros, 80 cents, if 40 euros, 4 euros.
- In addition: you can work for half an hour, you are guaranteed half the rate; you can only work in a limited part of the city center and there is an area where there are many deliveries.
- Raincoat: You will receive a raincoat and food backpack when you begin working in the field.
Elements to be considered
I worked in the Netherlands for many years and lived in Amsterdam. So there are some technical aspects to consider when looking for your first job in the Netherlands :
Getting on your bike
UberEATS Amsterdam is one of the pioneers in using bicycles to offer its services. Since everything is done by bike in the Netherlands, this is not surprising. You can choose to deliver by car, bike or motorcycle, so if you are on a bike, read on.
It is good to have some cycling experience in Amsterdam and to know all the rules of cycling, especially in such a busy and touristy city. It is important to know that you need your own bike and that UberEATS will not provide you with one. Here you will find useful information that can help you:
- If you want to know more about the rules of cycling in Amsterdam you might find this article useful: 14 bicycle rules everyone should know in Amsterdam.
- Buy a bike: you can use your own bike, a new bike if you have one, or a used bike. I’ve always had my bikes on Marketplace or through Facebook. It is good to invest in a good bike because you will use it a lot and it is always good to know how to repair your bike.
Working in the Netherlands
When you start working in the Netherlands, no matter how flexible you are and how easily you find a job, there are many factors to consider. The most important of these are getting a BSN number, getting health insurance and applying for help from the government if your income is not high enough.
To work in the Netherlands, you need a personal number, a BSN number. You get this number as soon as you register at the town hall when you arrive in the Netherlands. This is the number you need when you register, the number you need for your health insurance, and the number that identifies you as a person in this country.
Healthcare in the Netherlands is private, which means the government does not provide it, but you are required to use it if you work or live in the Netherlands for more than 6 months. If you work for UberEATS, it’s really important to have this.
- If you belong to the EU, you still need to buy private health insurance.
- If you have private health insurance in your country, you will also need it.
- Here you will find more information about the companies you can turn to for insurance, their prices, coverage, etc. Once you have obtained a BSN number, you can easily do this online.
If your income is not high, if you are a student, if you work part time, if you are a beginner or if you do not earn enough, the government will help everyone pay for health insurance if they are eligible.
If you want to know more, read here. This is a direct link to apply for the healthcare surcharge to help you pay for LEGAL health insurance.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to deliver to Uber?
UberEats, which offers no guaranteed minimum income, currently pays £3.30 or less for off-peak deliveries and about £6.30 to £7.30 for on-peak deliveries, minus a 25% royalty the company charges.
How much food does Uber pay per hour?
Uber Eats drivers earn between $8 and $12 per hour when car costs are included. Delivery fees can vary from day to day and hour to hour, and it is important to have time at work during lunch and dinner if you want to earn a high wage.
How are UberEATS drivers paid?
Uber Eats drivers must pay a fee for each ride to a new restaurant or cafe and a fee for each order they deliver. Currently, the pick-up fee is about $1.79, the drop-off fee is $1.41 and the mileage fee is $1.92.
uber driver salary amsterdam,glassdoor uber,uber careers,uber eats driver pay,uber eats login,register for uber,part time uber driver,uber bike registration,uber job application,dutch american friendship treaty 2018,ubereats taxes netherlands,self employment tax netherlands,dutch american friendship treaty blog,daft renewal application form,dutch american friendship treaty application,uber eats amsterdam contact,ubereats nederland,uber eats amsterdam on bank statement,uber eats netherlands promo code,uber eats netherlands gift card,uber gift card netherlands,uber eats amsterdam,deliveroo netherlands pay,uber eats driver,uber eats bicycle requirements,uber eats netherlands pay,how old do you have to be to drive for uber eats,uber eats guaranteed earnings,uber eats bike rider